HISTORY OF HUSSER

The area once known to the Choctaw as Chappepeela, meaning “Hurricane River,” was generally the same area known as Husser today.


Named for some of its earliest and most entrepreneurial settlers, Husser extended over approximately 16 square miles.

One of the original Husser homes built in the 1850's_edited.jpg
 

HISTORY OF THE HUSSER COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION

The Husser Community Organization originated in 1929 as part of a project funded by the LSU Ag Extension Division.

Scan0003_edited.jpg