Sat, Mar 25|
Husser Community Center
3rd Annual Husser Community Fishing Rodeo
The Husser Community Fishing Rodeo is held to give everyone an opportunity to get out of the house and take advantage of a beautiful Saturday outdoors! Designed for kids, the fishing rodeo gives our youth an opportunity to spend the day with their parents, grandparents, neighbors, you name it!
Time & Location
Mar 25, 6:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Husser Community Center, 56280 LA-445, Husser, LA 70442, USA
About the event
The Husser Community Organization is proud to host the 3rd Annual Husser Community Fishing Rodeo in an effort to promote fellowship and entertainment amongst members of the community, all in the name of fun and competition!
So where do I fish?
Contestants are free to fish anywhere they choose, as long as they are back at the Community Center for weigh-in by the time provided below. Please be reminded to obtain permission before fishing on any private property.
Age Brackets & Divisions
This rodeo consists of three age brackets for those 18 and under, and four divisions: Catfish, Bass, White Perch (stringer of 5) and Bluegill (stringer of 5).
Entertainment to be provided by "Just For Fun Band" from 10AM to 2PM.
There will be a BBQ Chicken Dinner fundraiser taking place during the rodeo as well. Tickets will be $10 each and must be pre-purchased to guarantee availability.
- All state and federal fishing regulations apply to the Husser Community Fishing Rodeo, and all participants are responsible for obtaining fishing licenses when applicable.
- All rodeo events, including the weigh-in, will be held at the Husser Community Center.
- All eligible fish must be caught by rod, reel, hook and line only.
- Weigh-in will take place from Noon until 1PM. Any participant not checked back in by 1PM will not be eligible for weigh-in.
- All fish must be weighed on the designated Rodeo scale. Only fish weighted on the designated Rodeo scale by the HCO designated Weigh-Master will be eligible for participation. Fish will be weighed one time only. The Weigh-Master has final authority on declaring weights and fish condition (whether fish will be allowed to be weighed) and cannot be overruled by anyone, incluing committee members. Excessive arguing with Rodeo organizers or the Weigh-Master will result in disqualification.
- No frozen, spoiled, gutted, altered or mutilated fish will be accepted by the Weigh-Master.
- In the event of a tie, the longest fish will be declared the winner.
Registration and Fees
- Registration can be completed online until 4PM on Friday March 24, 2023. Anyone wishing to register after the cut-off date must do so in-person before 10AM the day of the event.
- Registration will be open from 6AM until 10AM at the Husser Community Center.
- Online registrations do not need to checkin prior to fishing.
- Entry fee is $10 for the Teens and Kids brackets, and $5 for the Pee Wee bracket.
Teens (Ages 13-18)$10.00+$0.25 service feeSale ended
Kids (Ages 6-12)$10.00+$0.25 service feeSale ended
Pee Wee (Ages 5 and under)$5.00+$0.13 service feeSale ended